Baltit Fort or Balti Fort is an ancient fort in the Hunza
valley in Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan. In the past, the survival
of the feudal regime of Hunza was ensured by the impressive
Baltit fort, which overlooks Karimabad.
Altit Fort is an ancient fort above Karimabad in the Hunza
valley in Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan. It was originally home
to the hereditary rulers of the Hunza state who carried the
title Mir. Shikari tower is around 900 years old which makes
it the oldest monument in the Gilgit Baltistan.
Skardu Fort means The king of Forts is a fort in Skardu city
in Gilgit-Baltistan of the Kashmir region that dates from
the 16th century CE. An ancient mosque is also present inside
Built upon a huge boulder, Shigar Fort - Palace is locally
nown as Fong Khar - literally the Palace on the Rock. Sited
on the right bank of a mountain stream, slightly elevated
above the nearest hamlets of Shigar, at the foot of a steep
rock formation, a hundred or so meters high, on top of which
lie ruins of the original Fort.Raja Hassan Khan, the twentieth
ruler of the Amacha dynasty, scended the throne in 1634 but
lost his kingdom to other invaders. He managed to regain the
throne with the help of the forces of the Moghul emperor Shah
Jehan. The Raja brought various artisans including shawl weavers,
carpenters, goldsmiths and stone carvers from Kashmir to Shigar
and proceeded to build the palace-fort. Fong Khar was gradually
abandoned in the 1950 in favour of more recent annexes, built
in its immediate vicinity.
Khaplu Palace was built in 1840 by the Yabgo Raja Daulat Ali
Khan of Khaplu after the Dogra of Kashmir who captured the
region decided to move the seat of government from the old
fort. The site of the palace was chosen by rolling a large
stone down from a nearby cliff; it stopped at the Doqsai village,
and the palace was built there. The earlier fort was located
near the location of the present-day palace. Khaplu Palace
replaced the former fort as the royal residence after its
completion. According to Jane E. Duncan, the people of Khaplu
used to live inside this fort and were not allowed to build
their homes outside its premises. This practice was changed
after Maharaja of Kashmir took control of the area, resulting
in a cessation of conflict among neighbouring rulers. The
former fort was captured by Murad Khan of Maqpon Dynasty,
the ruler of Baltistan, in the Conquest of Khaplu in the 1590s
by cutting off the water and other supplies to the fort. The
troops of Murad besieged the fort for three months, resulting
in the surrender of Rahim Khan, the 62nd Yabgo dynasty ruler
of Khaplu. The fort again fell to invaders in 1660s and 1674.
The Yabgo descendants continued to live there even after their
kingdom was abolished in 1972. The last Raja of Khaplu who
lived in the house was Raja Fatah Ali Khan, who died in 1983.
other valleys of Gilgit-Baltistan, Gupis is also famous for
spectacular natural beauty. Gupis Fort is located at Gupis Droute.
No further details could be obtained on subject matter.
Darchi Fort (KD Fort)
Darchi Fort (KD Fort). KD fort reminds the colonial architecture
of the region. This fort was named after a naked saint and was
built by British soldier during 1932-33 to check the invasion
and inflow of people from China and USSR through Wahkan corridor.
It remained the abode of Gilgit Scouts.